Attributes you can set on graphs
A string in the
xdotformat specifying an arbitrary background.
- bb – Bounding box of drawing in points. For write only.
- beautify – Whether to draw leaf nodes uniformly in a circle around the root node in sfdp. For sfdp only.
- bgcolor – Canvas background color.
- center – Whether to center the drawing in the output canvas.
- charset – Character encoding used when interpreting string input as a text label.
- class – Classnames to attach to the node, edge, graph, or cluster's SVG element. For svg only.
- clusterrank – Mode used for handling clusters. For dot only.
- colorscheme – A color scheme namespace: the context for interpreting color names.
- comment – Comments are inserted into output.
- compound – If true, allow edges between clusters. For dot only.
- concentrate – If true, use edge concentrators.
- Damping – Factor damping force motions. For neato only.
- defaultdist – The distance between nodes in separate connected components. For neato only.
- dim – Set the number of dimensions used for the layout. For neato, fdp, sfdp only.
- dimen – Set the number of dimensions used for rendering. For neato, fdp, sfdp only.
- diredgeconstraints – Whether to constrain most edges to point downwards. For neato only.
- dpi – Specifies the expected number of pixels per inch on a display device. For bitmap output, svg only.
- epsilon – Terminating condition. For neato only.
- esep – Margin used around polygons for purposes of spline edge routing. For neato only.
- fontcolor – Color used for text.
- fontname – Font used for text.
- fontnames – Allows user control of how basic fontnames are represented in SVG output. For svg only.
- fontpath – Directory list used by libgd to search for bitmap fonts.
- fontsize – Font size, in points, used for text.
Whether to force placement of all
xlabels, even if overlapping.
- gradientangle – If a gradient fill is being used, this determines the angle of the fill.
URL. For map, postscript, svg only.
- id – Identifier for graph objects. For map, postscript, svg only.
- imagepath – A list of directories in which to look for image files.
- inputscale – Scales the input positions to convert between length units. For neato, fdp only.
- K – Spring constant used in virtual physical model. For fdp, sfdp only.
- label – Text label attached to objects.
Whether to treat a node whose name has the form
|edgelabel|*as a special node representing an edge label. For sfdp only.
- labeljust – Justification for graph & cluster labels.
- labelloc – Vertical placement of labels for nodes, root graphs and clusters.
- landscape – If true, the graph is rendered in landscape mode.
The separator characters used to split attributes of type
layerRangeinto a list of ranges.
- layers – A linearly ordered list of layer names attached to the graph.
- layerselect – Selects a list of layers to be emitted.
The separator characters for splitting the
layersattribute into a list of layer names.
- layout – Which layout engine to use.
- levels – Number of levels allowed in the multilevel scheme. For sfdp only.
- levelsgap – strictness of neato level constraints. For neato only.
- lheight – Height of graph or cluster label, in inches. For write only.
- linelength – How long strings should get before overflowing to next line, for text output.
- lp – Label center position. For write only.
- lwidth – Width of graph or cluster label, in inches. For write only.
- margin – For graphs, this sets x and y margins of canvas, in inches.
- maxiter – Sets the number of iterations used. For neato, fdp only.
- mclimit – Scale factor for mincross (mc) edge crossing minimiser parameters. For dot only.
- mindist – Specifies the minimum separation between all nodes. For circo only.
- mode – Technique for optimizing the layout. For neato only.
- model – Specifies how the distance matrix is computed for the input graph. For neato only.
- newrank – Whether to use a single global ranking, ignoring clusters. For dot only.
nodesepspecifies the minimum space between two adjacent nodes in the same rank, in inches.
- nojustify – Whether to justify multiline text vs the previous text line (rather than the side of the container).
- normalize – normalizes coordinates of final layout. For neato, fdp, sfdp, twopi, circo only.
- notranslate – Whether to avoid translating layout to the origin point. For neato only.
- nslimit – Sets number of iterations in network simplex applications. For dot only.
- nslimit1 – Sets number of iterations in network simplex applications. For dot only.
- oneblock – Whether to draw circo graphs around one circle. For circo only.
- ordering – Constrains the left-to-right ordering of node edges. For dot only.
- orientation – node shape rotation angle, or graph orientation.
- outputorder – Specify order in which nodes and edges are drawn.
- overlap – Determines if and how node overlaps should be removed. For fdp, neato only.
- overlap_scaling – Scale layout by factor, to reduce node overlap. For prism, neato, sfdp, fdp, circo, twopi only.
- overlap_shrink – Whether the overlap removal algorithm should perform a compression pass to reduce the size of the layout. For prism only.
- pack – Whether each connected component of the graph should be laid out separately, and then the graphs packed together.
- packmode – How connected components should be packed.
- pad – Inches to extend the drawing area around the minimal area needed to draw the graph.
- page – Width and height of output pages, in inches.
- pagedir – The order in which pages are emitted.
- quadtree – Quadtree scheme to use. For sfdp only.
quantum > 0.0, node label dimensions will be rounded to integral multiples of the quantum.
- rankdir – Sets direction of graph layout. For dot only.
- ranksep – Specifies separation between ranks. For dot, twopi only.
- ratio – Sets the aspect ratio (drawing height/drawing width) for the drawing.
- remincross – If there are multiple clusters, whether to run edge crossing minimization a second time. For dot only.
- repulsiveforce – The power of the repulsive force used in an extended Fruchterman-Reingold. For sfdp only.
dpi. For bitmap output, svg only.
- root – Specifies nodes to be used as the center of the layout. For twopi, circo only.
rotate=90, sets drawing orientation to landscape.
- rotation – Rotates the final layout counter-clockwise by the specified number of degrees. For sfdp only.
- scale – Scales layout by the given factor after the initial layout. For neato, twopi only.
- searchsize – During network simplex, the maximum number of edges with negative cut values to search when looking for an edge with minimum cut value. For dot only.
- sep – Margin to leave around nodes when removing node overlap. For fdp, neato only.
- showboxes – Print guide boxes for debugging. For dot only.
- size – Maximum width and height of drawing, in inches.
- smoothing – Specifies a post-processing step used to smooth out an uneven distribution of nodes. For sfdp only.
Sort order of graph components for ordering
- splines – Controls how, and if, edges are represented.
- start – Parameter used to determine the initial layout of nodes. For neato, fdp, sfdp only.
- style – Set style information for components of the graph.
- stylesheet – A URL or pathname specifying an XML style sheet, used in SVG output. For svg only.
If the object has a
URL, this attribute determines which window of the browser is used for the URL. For map, svg only.
- TBbalance – Which rank to move floating (loose) nodes to. For dot only.
- tooltip – Tooltip (mouse hover text) attached to the node, edge, cluster, or graph. For cmap, svg only.
- truecolor – Whether internal bitmap rendering relies on a truecolor color model or uses. For bitmap output only.
- URL – Hyperlinks incorporated into device-dependent output. For map, postscript, svg only.
- viewport – Clipping window on final drawing.
- voro_margin – Tuning margin of Voronoi technique. For neato, fdp, sfdp, twopi, circo only.
Determines the version of
xdotused in output. For xdot only.
Last modified September 14, 2022: page Graph Attributes (2373968)